The Front Door Company offers a limited one year warranty from date of shipment on wood doors. The Front Door Company warrants our wood doors to be free from defects in material and workmanship that makes the door unserviceable or unfit for the ordinary recommended use, provided the doors are stored, installed, finished and maintained as instructed by the Front Door Company. Doors must be fully sealed on all 6 sides (including hinge and bore mortise) exterior finish with oil base sealer or paint within 48 hours of receiving.
All materials should be inspected upon delivery. All shortages and freight damages must be noted on the bill of lading. Installation and use of door product constitutes customer acceptance.
The following are limitations which are not considered defects in material or workmanship and are not covered by this warranty:
- Any and all damages resulting from exposure by installing a door in an unprotected area. Doors must be installed with proper (substantial) overhang which protects the door from direct sunlight and/or precipitation. An overhang that projects outwards from the door for a distance of not less than one- half of the height elevation measured from the bottom of the door to the bottom of the overhang at the point that the overhang is furthest from the door or entry. Example: If the height is 8 feet, overhang projection must be a minimum of 4 feet.
- Damage caused from installing a wood door in prolonged direct sunlight, as typically found in south, southwest or west facing exposures.
- Warp for any 6'8'' or 8' high door shall not exceed one-fourth inch in any plane of the door. Warp for any 8'0 high door shall not exceed one-half inch in any plane of the door.
- Natural variation, and surface checking of the wood.
- Panel movement or shrinkage.
- Damage caused beyond the control of the Front Door Company such as misuse, mishandling, or by fire, flood, earthquake, storm, tornado or other acts of nature.
- Appearance or performance of a knot.
- Glass breakage or glass damage for any reason.